This week we harvested many new vegetables, including our first grape tomatoes. There is nothing quite like a garden fresh tomato.
It has been said that we first eat with our eyes. I like to create rainbow-like dishes that are pleasing to all of our senses. This variety of color also provides us with much needed vitamins and nutrients to maintain a healthy body.
Creating new veggie wraps based on seasonal ingredients keeps it fresh and interesting. This week I paired fresh vegetables with Whipped Herb Goat Cheese (previous recipe) for a new and flavorful veggie wrap.
Veggie Spinach Wrap:
- 4 spinach tortilla wraps
- 1 scallion (green onion), chopped
- * 1 small cucumber, chopped
- * 1 banana pepper, chopped
- * 1 carrot, shredded
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- *6-8 grape tomatoes, chopped
- *1/2 yellow bell pepper (any color), diced
- * few handfuls of baby lettuce & spinach
- * whipped herb goat cheese (recipe previously posted)
Spread whipped herb goat cheese evenly on four spinach tortillas. This will act as a glue to hold the wrap together. In the center of the wrap, pile all chopped ingredients. Top with lettuce and spinach. Fold two ends in, and then tightly roll like a burrito. Slice the wrap in half on an angle. Makes a great lunch or serve each half as a colorful appetizer.
* items from Midwest Vegetarian garden